Tactical Gear Distributors are proud distributors of VIKTOS in Australia.
The LAW DOG™ was engineered for the needs of elite Law Enforcement Officers and First Responders. The chassis is constructed of full grain leather for comfortable support and durability and features a polishable heel & toe for uniform duty. Internally it features a waterproof/ breathable membrane and slightly wider forefoot allowing for toe spread under heavy duty loads. The bottom unit uses a shock absorbing foam and a multi-durometer rubber outsole for both grip and durability. Squared toe hold front, multi-directional tread, and fast rope cleating complete the outsole architecture.
Features and specifications of VIKTOS Law Dog Waterproof Boot
This is my first time both buying this pair of Viktos Law Dog boots, and buying from this site in general. Overall, has been a 10 / 10 would shop again.
I find that boots like these are quite rare to find on the Internet, and thinking of the benefits of supporting an Australian business, these boots show compliments to how great the stock is and what to expect. Worth the money!
I received my boots on the 19th of May, 2021 at my New South Wales home in the morning post after ordering on the 11th of May, 2021. Because the boots are on pre - order, you can expect a little bit of time to get the boots, but once these boots hit boots on the ground at the shop, Tactical Gear Australia send them immediately via the express post. I received my shipping notification on the 18th of May, 2021, and received them on the 19th of May, 2021.
After wearing the boots for only a day, they hold up extremely well and I am already comfortable. The outsole, which is the rubber bottom bottom part, is so sturdy that you keep continuous balance working day to day. Add to the fact that the boots really do have:
1. Full grain leather chassis for that liquid and impact protection: The leather, being full grain which means from the strongest part of a production or area of the animal if sourced there, appears better than in the pictures and just from picking them up, the leather is of the finest quality alongside the laces and boot tounge.
2. Waterproof/breathable, polishable heel, toe and body: The boots can be adjusted to be breathable in the neck by simply undoing the laces as the neck of the boot goes about 6 inches up the foot and past the Talus bone in the ankle (a high neck boot). The leather being full grain is fully waterproof, no need for any waterproofing and polishing adds to the extra shine.
3. Blood-borne pathogen resistant: due to the amount of tightness the boot has around the feet. Now, depending on the user feet size and how tight the person does the boot up, the leather virtually 100% protects against any access for bacteria, virus amongst many other pathogenic / liquid / ****** fluid access.
4. 10mm heel to to drop: This sturdy and reliable boot heel drop, especially the material it is made out of, provides exceptional confidence and support to day to day activities, while adding to the height factor.
5. Reinforced toe box: The reinforced toe box was a surprise and not many boots that I have had (which I've had alot of boots) have this high quality toe box. Usually what happens is people buy a boot with steel caps and after time, the steel cap lining rips or breaks inside the boot and the cap rim begins to harm the toes when bending down, but these boots have a natural full grain leather cap which blew me away, no metal involved. The wonders of technology!
Side notes: as seen in the pictures, the tread is a solid rubber which the user can have a lot of confidence in when trudging or climbing terrain that requires more grip than a normal boot.
Overall, these boots definitely live up to a remarkable and undeniable high performance reputation and should be made well known to and for any law enforcement / paramedic / military or para - military soldier or enthusiast.
Well done Tactical Gear Australia! I look forward to perhaps even buying another pair, if my current pair even break from how high quality the boot is.